|Reports to:||Technical Delivery Manager|
|Closing Date for Applications:||Thursday 19th April 2018, 5.00pm|
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Wendy.Walker@airbornesystems.co.uk or click on ‘Apply Now’.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
Residing within the Engineering Function, the Delivery Manager will report directly to the Technical Delivery Manager
The Delivery Manager is customer facing, an effective communicator and able to interact successfully and professionally with stakeholders at all levels across the business and externally.2018 04 05 EW Delivery Manager
The Delivery Manager shall be responsible for planning, organising, motivating, and controlling resources to ensure contractual delivery requirements are met to quality, cost, scope and time constraints and to our customers satisfaction. The Delivery Manager will primarily be responsible for delivery of production biased contracts. However, they may be required to manage different types of contracts and in the context of this organisation a contract may be include but not be limited to: supply of existing product, new product design and development, provision of consultancy services and/or through life support or decommissioning services.
The Delivery Manager must be able to operate autonomously and prioritise their workload appropriately.
Operating at a functional level the Delivery Manager will develop a way of working that can apply across all Business Units. Particularly planning, tracking and reporting.
Whilst the majority of the Delivery Managers role will be focused on the delivery of contractual commitments, the role will also require the Delivery Manager to take an active role in bid preparation to ensure what is being bid can be delivered.
As a manager, they will understand and execute their role in implementing the value drives of Value Pricing, Profitable New Business and Productivity. Underpinned by long-term relationships with customers and on time delivery of our highly engineered proprietary quality products.
- Promote and deliver the implementation of Project Management disciplines across the company
- Manage stakeholder expectations (Internal and External)
- Deliver contracts on time, cost, quality and scope
- Report timely and accurate information pertinent to progress, risks, issues, financial performance and quality
- Manage, develop and mentor team members by educating them on the benefits of project and programme management
- Resolve local issues within the delivery teams without the need for escalation
- Effectively use baselines and Change Control within each contract
- Operate to our published BMS and actively evaluate its effectiveness making recommendation for continuous improvement where appropriate.
- Encourage and promote effective integration with other departments
- Lead, mentor, develop and manage delivery team personnel
- Delivering allocated contract to time, cost, quality, scope and the satisfaction of our customers.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of change driven out of continuous improvement programmes.
- Provide presentations to customers and internal department representatives.
- Provide input and support to Sales and Marketing throughout the bid process
- Support the development of profitable new business.
- Continuously look for ways to create value and improve efficiency & productivity.
Intrinsic Skills Required
- Strong continuous improvement ethos and desire to learn
- Results orientated, natural problem solver
- Highly organised with good time management skills
- Able to make progress by making reasonable assumptions where information and resources are limited
- High levels of business ethics and integrity
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written and numerical attention to detail
- Degree or equivalent experience gained within a Project Management discipline or similar
Preferred Experience/ Skills
- Typically 10+ years’ Delivery Management experience in a related defence / technology company with sound technical understanding.
- Qualified to a recognised British or American Project Management Standard (e.g PRINCE2, PMI, APM)
- Demonstrable technical, management, commercial and financial capability underpinned by a degree or equivalent in a business or engineering discipline.
- Holder of a Post Graduate Management Qualification.
- Demonstrable practical skills and IT literate
- Experienced with the successful generation and implementation of Project Management practices across functions and multi-disciplined teams.
- Experienced in delivering obligations within commercial and legislative constraints and with UK MoD Contracts.
- Understanding of Defence and Aerospace Quality Standards incl ISO 9001 QA procedures and requirements.
- A strong leader of teams with the managerial, commercial and financial competencies
- An effective decision maker that exercises professional judgement and takes personal responsibility for the direction of projects and teams
- Adaptable and biased to action, will inspire others, be solution focused and know how to get the best from the team
- Proactive in the identification and capture of new business in conjunction with Sales and Marketing, delivering contracted tasks/projects, driving IR&D and providing support to operations, sales and QA as required
- Comfortable working under pressure and with conflicting priorities, analytical approach to problem solving and able to remain objective, acting with integrity and honesty at all times
- Personally responsible for own continuing professional development
- Valid Passport
- UK Driving Licence
- Hold or be able to hold SC clearance.